From Muggle to Witch

When Hagrid told Harry he was a wizard, it was just like he was saying to me, "Yer a witch, Cordelia." I lived with Harry. Sometimes, I feel like I am part of Harry's story. And, I believe we all are.

The transformation of reading Harry Potter took me from Muggle to witch. Reading Harry Potter brings you into the Wizarding World. And, once you've arrived on the Hogwarts Express, there is no chance you will ever want to go back. J.K. Rowling did an amazing thing. She managed to create witches and wizards of all kinds. And, quite a few of them are Harry Potter fans.

I started reading Harry Potter at the end of the school year of my second grade year (not to be confused with the second year at Hogwarts). I remember not wanting to read it because everyone was making a big deal about it. (That's how I can be sometimes.) But, my mom read me the first paragraph, and I got hooked. Just like that.

"Mr. and Mrs. Dursley, of number four, Privet Drive, were proud to say that they were perfectly normal, thank you very much." 
-Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling
Over the summer, I read the first five books really quickly. But, towards the end of the Half-Blood Prince, I took a two-year-long break. During the break, I dressed up as a Harry Potter character at least once for Halloween.

After my break, I finished the series and became an even bigger Harry Potter nerd (or you could say Potterhead). Soon after, I convinced one of my friends to read the books. She liked them enough, but of course not as much as me. That is almost impossible. I also remember forcing my best friend (almost against her will) to watch all the Harry Potter movies because she refused to read the books. And, my other friend had already watched all the movies.

No matter how much I tried, I could never get my friends to be as big of Harry Potter fans as me (and I tried a lot). I even convinced them just last year to all dress up as Harry Potter characters. I, of course, dressed up as Luna Lovegood.

My friends didn't have the same journey from Muggle to witch as I did. I don't know if they could even be considered witches. I only had real success with one, the one friend who actually read the books. I tried to give them the same push like my mom did for me. Maybe why I became so good of a witch is I had a mother to teach me (not that I have anything against Muggleborns, but I am definitely a Half-blood).

You're just as sane as I am,

Cordelia


Comments

  1. Cordelia, this is a beautiful first post. I'm so excited we're writing about
    Harry together. Love you. Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The British versions

The Time Turner